Disputes Resolution & Litigation
Our experts have extensive and many years of experience in conducting court disputes in payment cases, compensation cases, corporate disputes and disputes in the field of broadly understood labour law. Moreover, our lawyers have experience in proceedings before the National Appeal Chamber and the President of the Energy Regulatory Office, as well as before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection.
Within this specialisation we provide legal advisory involving:
- legal pre-trial assistance, including summonses for payment and assistance in negotiations to resolve disputes amicably;
- analysis of the facts of the case in order to select the most effective litigation strategy;
- preparation of pleadings, such as suits, motions, appeals and cassation measures, as well as draft court settlements;
- representation of the client before common courts, administrative courts, arbitration courts, public administration bodies, as well as in enforcement proceedings.
The knowledge of our lawyers guarantees professional service even in very complicated and complex disputes. MELD provides legal assistance in the field of court proceedings to both individual clients and professional entities.
Examples of MELD experts’ experience in the above-mentioned fields:
- representation of the client in the proceedings before the courts of two instances in a case for payment of the price for the sale of goods for amounts exceeding PLN 9 million,
- representation of the client in the proceedings concluded before the court of first instance in a case for payment for an amount exceeding PLN 3 million,
- representation of the client in proceedings before the Supreme Court in a case with a value of over PLN 240 thousand, PLN,
- representation of the client in the proceedings before the Court of Arbitration which ended with a settlement concerning claims for construction works, amounting to over PLN 300,000, PLN,
- drafting a cassation appeal with the Supreme Court in a case concerning liability of a management board member of the limited liability company, where the Supreme Court adjudicated in favour of the claimant,
- preparation of a claim to the Supreme Administrative Court in a precedent case concerning annulment of a decision on zonal permit in part regarding term of the permit, where the Supreme Administrative Court adjudicated in favour of the claimant,
- legal advisory in the proceedings before the court in a case concerning claims for construction works performed under FIDIC with a value of over 60 mln PLN,
- representation of the client in the proceedings before the court concerning act of unfair competition claims, including applying for pre-trial injunctive remedies,
- legal advisory for the client in the course of investigation procedure rendered by the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning alleged infringement of the collective consumer interests,
- conducting a collective dispute on behalf of the employer, ending with an agreement with a trade union.