The scope of MELD’s expertise in the field of energy covers both strictly regulatory issues as well as comprehensive legal advice on projects implemented in the energy sector. As part of regulatory consultancy, MELD focuses on energy law matters relating to the electricity and natural gas trading sectors, the energy generation sector and industrial customers. Advice in the above-mentioned scope may include drafting legal documents, issuing opinions on business models of activity, or support in regulatory compliance in the area of energy. Additionally, MELD also provides full support for projects consisting in the construction of generation assets, in particular in the RES sector. Moreover, MELD specialists represent clients in proceedings before the President of the ERO, as well as before SOKiK.
The MELD’s energy practice is led by Adam Jodłowski, who has been providing legal and regulatory advice for the energy sector continuously since 2010 (as part of international consulting companies of the BIG4 network, where he was, among others, the leader of the energy law practice).
Examples of MELD experts’ experience in the above-mentioned fields:
- Comprehensive regulatory advice on the implementation of REMIT compliance in the area of standard and non-standard contracts in cooperation with the Energy Regulatory Office and TGE S.A. (Client: one of the largest heating and gas groups in the EU).
- Legal and regulatory consultancy on the group’s entry into the Polish market, including establishment of a company, obtaining license, organizing regulatory compliance, preparation of all contractual documentation, recruitment of personnel, etc. (Client: a leading Lithuanian energy group).
- Regulatory advice on the development of an optimal model of cross-border balancing of power consumption and generation assets within a capital group (Client: one of the largest fuel groups in the EU).
- Advising on the development of the model and full legal documentation (including contractual documentation) constituting the basis for the wholesale trade in electricity and property rights, with a total value of approximately PLN 3.2 billion per year (Client: Polish capital group).
- Legal advice on OTC transactions for a portfolio of gas contracts worth several dozen M EUR (Client: German capital group).
Comprehensive legal and regulatory services in the scope of fulfilling obligations of industrial consumers (Clients: 18 different industrial consumers).
- Legal advisory in course of a joint-venture covering more than 500 MW of installed capacity in PV assets (Client: Polish capital group).
Advising on the first two proceedings in Poland before the President of ERO and SOKiK related to withdrawing support for industrial consumers (Clients: 2 different industrial recipients).
- Legal support in a transaction involving sale of a wind project with 34 MW of installed capacity (Client: Portuguese energy group).
- Comprehensive legal advice on the project of integration of heating assets belonging to 11 companies of a capital group (Client: Polish capital group).